|On May 13th, 2003, the board of directors met in Montpellier and decided a book would be published about the history of ANAPI from its founding in 1985 to 2003.|
This book was written by 38 ANAPI members during the second half of 2003. It was printed by the Atlante Editions at the end of March 2004.
It is divided in six parts.
-part 1 national presidencies
Each of the national presidents who were still alive in 2003, i.e. General SESMAISONS, General BRUNEAU and General BONNETÊTE describe the activities of ANAPI under their chairmanship.
Pierre Mariani, our founding president, died on April 9th, 2001. But Jack Bonfils, Roger Cornet, André Dubus, René Navarre, René Rabut and André Saint-Georges, who were the witnesses of the first years of ANAPI, tell the story of the first presidency.
- Part 2 specific projects
Three are described in the book
- fighting for the rights of former prisoners of the Japanese by general Bruneau
- creating a directory by André Dubus
Part 3 permanent external section activities
- lobbying for law n° 89-1013 by André Saint-Georges
This part contains two long accounts of the participation of ANAPI representatives to the proceedings and research of the two committees that were to decide the fate of former prisoners.
- The committee which was in charge of issuing recommendations as for the granting of the Vietminh prisoner status, by René Rabut
Part 4 permanent internal section activities
- The committee which was in charge of issuing recommendations as for the granting of the Japanese camps inmate, by Marcel Bourgeois
Each of the key players of ANAPI – who had been the leaders of seminal activities gives an account of what has been done under his leadership.
Part 4 contains eight accounts in the following orders.
- Humanitarian and Social Action, everything that has been built in Indochina by Jack Bonfils
- Communication within ANAPI by Roger Cornet
- Financial Management by Patrick Le Minor
- Historical Heritage by André Saint-Georges
- Legal aid by Serge Fantinel
- Medical Aid by chief consultants Yves Michaud and Jean-Louis Rondy
- Supporting the Widows by Claudine Roux
In Part 5 each current regional president gives an account of his regional branch.
- Trips to Indochina by Denis Augustine
Part 6 contains documents which currently play or have played an important part in ANAPI and which are divided into 5 categories.
- national organisation chart (January 1st 2004)
- internal documents – rules and statutes
- legal documents - law n°1013 and its implementing decree, the decree specifying how the law should be enforced, and the ministerial order.
- the first one on Jack Bonfils’s initiative
- the information leaflets that were sent or handed over to Members of Parliament.
- the second on Eric Weiberger and André Saint Georges’s initiative
- the third one on René Navarre and Général Bruneau’s initiative.
Read the preamble to the book "ANAPI, notre histoire" (in french)
This book is available on:
430 bureaux de la Colline
92213 Saint Cloud - France